Aug 24, 2011

Lobster Rolls and Foodgasms

OMG. Have you eve tasted something so delicious that you thought it was a joke?


I did. About a week ago, I ventured into NYC to the East Village (with a dear friend) to try a lobster roll from Luke's Lobster and let me tell you...IT WAS FANTASTIC!!! I had the Taste of Maine...and I don't regret any part of it.
before the foodgasm

It was the perfect ratio to meat - mayo - butter - bun (toasted perfectly). If you don't know what The Taste of Maine is, it is a 1/2 lobster roll, 1/2 crab roll, 1/2 shrimp roll...with 2 Empress crab claws, chips and a soda (shipped from Maine!!!). Every bite tasted the way I thought heaven should taste: light, buttery, sweet, salty. I had a foodgasm at the counter and I was VERY vocal. I don't even have the desire to try and replicate it or even venture out to somewhere else to get a lobster/crab/shrimp roll.
after...

I loved it so much...I WENT BACK TODAY!!! And it was just as great, if not better than before.

Luke knows what he's doing. He's the man...the Lobster Man...

Also, check out this awesome video I saw on their blog!

Luke's Lobster: The Roll That Makes Itself from Luke's Lobster on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment