Nov 9, 2010

Post-Halloween Treats (No Tricks)

This post is coming a bit late. Very late, actually. This is just a small post about the Halloween cupcakes I made for a school function. My mother volunteered my services and told the school PTA that I would make a lovely dessert for the elementary school Boogie Bash. Now, I attended this elementary school YEARS ago and felt it was duty to give back, even if it was just in cupcake form.


I decided I didn't want to go all out, so I just used a simple box cake and jazzed up the frosting for a Halloween feel. I am obviously not including a recipe, but I can tell you what I used: chocolate cake mix, vanilla frosting, cream cheese frosting, food coloring, marshmallows, and a piping bag.


It's really that simple.


so here you go. 


my attempt at a pumpkin design


marshmallow tombstones...with blood
filled with "pumpkin" frosting...really it's just food coloring

the "guts"

just plain orange.
 I enjoyed making the cupcakes. It was a day well spent. 

No comments:

Post a Comment