Dec 3, 2010

The (New) Thanksgiving

This is my fourth year. FOURTH. cooking Thanksgiving dinner. I travelled to Atlanta to visit a very dear friend and we celebrated the holiday together. Now, usually, I'm traditional, from the turkey to the cranberry sauce (from the can) and the stuffing (from the box). In college, the first time I cooked, I went all out. I made a HUGE turkey breast, mac & cheese, stuffing, green beans, candied yams, corn pudding. I think I made dessert, but I just don't remember.  This year, I went back to Atlanta, where I spent my first three, and decided to do something NEW!

The next couple of posts are dedicated to the new dishes I tried for this hearty, food filled, holiday. Subsequently, it sent me on a holiday whirlwind (I haven't stopped watching  Christmas movies and making desserts).

No comments:

Post a Comment