Dec 4, 2010

Kickin It Old School - Green Bean Casserole

I grew up with a southern family, living in a northern state. When I had green beans, they were cooked with turkey necks, smoked turkey wings, or something...I never had any kind of Green Bean Casserole growing up. I didn't think I was missing anything because I liked what I was eating. This year, Campbell's Green Bean Casserole was my new, old thing. It's really that simple.. Also, I was so busy cooking other things, that I forgot to take a picture when Misha finished this dish. But it was pretty tasty. I didn't know what to expect, but I would eat it again.
Campbell's Green Bean Casserole
Ingredients

1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup (Regular, 98% Fat Free or Healthy Request®)
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon soy sauce
Dash ground black pepper
4 cups cooked cut green beans
1 1/3 cups French's® French Fried Onions

Stir the soup, milk, soy sauce, black pepper, beans and 2/3 cuponions in a 1 1/2-quart casserole.
Bake at 350°F. for 25 minutes or until the bean mixture is hot and bubbling.  Stir the bean mixture.  Sprinkle with the remaining onions.
Bake for 5 minutes or until the onions are golden brown.

It didn't look like this... but it was quite lovely...

No comments:

Post a Comment