Dec 4, 2010

The (New) Turkey

Ok, that title is VERY misleading. I didn't make a turkey for Thanksgiving. Yes, tradition tells us that turkey is the main squeeze of the dinner, but my new approach told me to take a road less traveled. In fact, it was Misha (my old roomie and best friend) who suggested that we make CORNISH HENS!!!



Confession: I didn't cook the meat.
 It is here as a part of The (New) Thanksgiving because it was the star. I give her full credit. 

Now, I've never had a cornish hen before, but it's poultry, so I thought it just tasted like chicken. I was right. And I was wrong. Whatever Misha did, was WONDERFUL. It was moist and flavorful. Golden brown and delicious; just the way a bird should be.. The roasted garlic was the perfect touch. I am now a believer that basting is the key to happiness. We each had our own hen to eat. And I ate it all. Sorry for the vegetarians, totally respect what you're doing. I still love the bird.
Check it out:

No comments:

Post a Comment